Bob Katz Mastering Tips Booklet (PDF)

Hey Bruce, Thanks for the link. I must tell you that I stumbled on this artical a short while ago when I was kind of looking at the Finalizer express (can't afford one right now). While this artical is kind of geared to ward tis product, there is a lot of good useful information in there. I did print it out to keep as a reference. I think that everone should check it out. This should be fairly obvious, since Bruce has recommended it.

Hey, Bruce, great link - thanks. I like the bit at the end that says something like: "If you answered 'yes' to most of the questions in this tutorial, then you'll make a great mastering engineer." I think I had about 2 yesses as I went through them. :D

I checked half of them, so I probably won't get into mastering. :)

Anyway, I think the booklet is excellent for one thing:
Getting people to understand, that what they are doing in their studio with finalizer really isn't mastering. Because for that you need a separate mastering studio that consists of an acoustically tuned room with no extra shtuff in it to mess up the sound.

Hey, wanna start sleeping in the kitchen, honey? I'm gonna make our bedroom into a mastering studio!

Back