BlueTUBE Stereo Microphone Preamp

nascentjunkie

can any one tell me from experiece or just from hearing about it from others how the BlueTUBE Stereo Microphone Preamp from PreSonus is??? It is onlly like $150 and i need a tube pre-amp... its dual channel too! If it does suck can anyone please suggest to me another good pre-amp that is tube? Thanks everyone ~Andrew

Are you sure you want a tube mic pre? Have you thought about something like the RNP from FMR Audio? It costs more ($475?) but you would be getting a much better preamp--at least according to the preamp gurus lurking around here! Also, for about the same price ($499) you could pick up an Aphex 207 which has two channels and a tube design.

You may have to lay out a few more dollars to get a real tube design...with the Bluetube a starved plate is what you get.

nascentjunkie said:
can any one tell me from experiece or just from hearing about it from others how the BlueTUBE Stereo Microphone Preamp from PreSonus is??? It is onlly like $150 and i need a tube pre-amp... its dual channel too! If it does suck can anyone please suggest to me another good pre-amp that is tube? Thanks everyone ~Andrew

What makes you think you need a tube preamp?

Go buy an M-Audio DMP3 dual preamp from GC for $150 - $200. These do sound good.

I own a pair of Studio Projects VTB1's ($129.ea) and love 'em. They offer the option of total solid state operation, or you can dial in a tube. VERY QUIET, even at high gain. I've used them on vocals and as a DI for my son's 12-string Simon and Patrick. To my ears, very, very nice.

Back