BlueSky System One or ProDesk studio monitors?

Badtz

I'm currently trying to decide between the BlueSky System One ($1600) or the ProDesk ($1000)?

Supposedly the only real difference is the amount of power coming out of the System One over the ProDesk.

Anyone have any comments/suggestions? :)

I'll be using this for my own personal home studio.

What type of person/music would be needed to warrant the higher output of the System One?

Thanks for any help :)

the ProDesk to me were just as nice as the DynAudio5a's. Both $1,000 range Best in the GC listening this past weekend.

the ProDesk would go waaay louder than i'll use them in my HR. That is my sanity-gearlust limit. If I was a pro I might need 500extra horsepower, but in reality I don't..and $600 more is alot of $$ for the HR (like more bass traps!)

I liked the ease of hookup, simplicity of the volume knobs only...thats alright with me. very invisible crossover, imo. Felt well built, heavy, solid.
I asked to take a hammer to one, for a test, but the salesman said "no". :p

for a 11x13 room, they'd be fine. Media Desk would crank pretty loud.
but in the middle the Pro Desks probably very,very nice.

the System Ones... are the shizzle! :D .... your downtown then, your limo ridin',...you have the power of the force...........serious equipment there.

if your going with subs and nearly every gearhead and home (and most kids cars) have..... i like the designed in concept of the Blue Sky sat/subs. matching pairs, impedance, nice cable hook-ups.... and a remote volume control if your (which you 'll probably run off the mixer anyway.)

your getting the SUB with these ...which some don't get it. You get all 3 speakers..for $500, $1,000 or $1600.. i been reading and most are still buying subs even for the DynAudio's...so add another $400-1200.

Last edited:
I Bought the System One ....I liked the pro desk ....but the system one just cranked better. I don't think you can go wrong with either one. For me I like to jam along with my mixes sometimes and the extra power was worth the dollars to me. And lest I forget ...I still love them they are awesome.

are there major sonic differences between the two?

Can the ProDesk get pretty loud? Will it express the bass accurately?

The Bluesky guys are always around, and if not they are really good with answering any questions via email or on their forum. Pascal particularly, damn good guy.

But... I recently went the gamut looking for nearfield monitors and settled on the Media desk, and while researching came up with they are all pretty much the same sonically minus output and minimal distortion. Of course the Studio One is THX certified if that's important.

I'll be posting my review on them soon, but the sum of it would simply be "fantastic". I had to go through a learning process before I knew what I was hearing and still am really. But I'm finding my music taking a decisive "professional" sound it somewhat lacked before, and I'm simply enjoying the process because of the results.

If I had the room, I'd have taken the System One. But they are all pretty close in specs, and I'd assume the same for results.

Good choice going Bluesky, that's for sure.

P!

Regarding the bass...

I'll cut/paste a reply I used in another forum, but the Media desk sure does the job so I know the other systems will. The translations to my home and car stereo are perfect for a few songs (electronic and symphonic ) that have sub freqs. And the ones that don't, you at least can tell what's going on without guessing, roll-off or not. I'm so immensely pleased I did my research and got monitors with a sub; In my opinion it's necessary. If you incorporate any low freqs in your music, you'll benefit.

Cut-n-paste...
The bass is surprising. At first I thought, “I can barely even hear it”. But then I started toying around with bass intensive DvDs and even found a few songs that used the sub bass, and got familiar with what I was hearing. And all I can say is “wow”. Even with the bass maxed (I mix with it about halfway), it’s not like you’d expect. It’s not boomy, it’s not thundering, it’s just there and it’s pure delight. You can feel it but it’s a gentle touch, not a blow-ya-back feel. I’m sure once it’s properly calibrated with my room it won’t be much different, as it is I’d say it’s perfect. And headphones, even though I could hear the deep bass, just don’t do the job if you want to mix it properly. It’s worth mentioning that 90% of my songs don’t even have the sub bass, but I know I could not do the job for those that do if I didn’t get this kind of setup. I’ve heard a ton of 2:1/5:1 consumer systems, and none of them sounded even remotely like this. This bass is meant for mixing, and once your ears stabilize on that subtle, powerful bass, you are blown away with possibilities.
End cut-n-paste.

That response was a couple of weeks ago. Since then I've done some new music intentionally using the sub freqs creatively, and man do they sound good everywhere I play them. Soon I'll be prepared to get online critiques, otherwise I'd shoot you a sample of my work right now. I'm working toward the highest professionalism I can manage on my own, so when I do get opinions I'll have a solid personal base to compare notes.

P!

Back