Blues/Rock Mix

Sounds pretty good to me. Its hard to tell without vocals. I will say though the tone on the guitar solo is really good, the tone on the rhythm guitars sounds a little dark. That's cool if that was your intention though.

some cool tight guitar playing. They seem a little far back for me....but maybe once you get the vox in it may sound a little different. The kick is a little too sharp and thumpy. Bass is hard to hear as its so close to the guitar sound and its indistinct. Good start though, get the vox on there and let us hear it!

agree with bruthish, the bass drum is a bit midrangey, could do with some kind of compression, it needs taming but not a bad start.

Pretty good riffs, more on the rock side than the blues side. I though it was played well. Like has already been said...mix wise the guitars needed more level and the bass drum more low end. It has the makings of a good tune

Could be an awesome tune. I really dig this style. Hard to really dig into the mix because of the missing vocals, but it sound good so far. I don't really have anything to add that hasn't already been said, but I do echo what has been shared already. The low end is quite indistinct right now. Everything below 200(?) or so is sort of this soft edged mass. Good potential in this one though, for sure.

Thank you for the informative replies everyone! As for the vocals, we've had some scheduling issues and i've been out of town this week, so they have been put on hold. I will get the song with the vox to you guys as soon as possible. Thanks again.

I thought it sounded pretty good too. The guitars sound a wee bit muffled. But that might make perfect to sit a vocal in. So it'd better to comment after a vocal is in.

Cymbals are a bit wide. They're a bit loud too - but just a bit.

Listening further, there's something about the cymbals that's bugging me. Not sure what. They're..... sizzly swishy something . Anyone else agree?

Back