BlueBlird.. Or.. MXL v67i Dual..

danielholgate

basically i have a had range of microphone the past 1-2 years.

Se 2200a, Nt1a, and now i currently have the BLuebird, i was attracted to the bluebird because of its unique style and price, looking back at it.. not a good idea... for female vocals the Bluebird is on point, but im male.. i wanna and the reason im asking this question is basically that. The MXL has to capsules on bright and one warm... so was just wondering on what that microphone is like? much appreciated.

The MXL V67I is a pretty decent one for its price, I wouldn't say its an improvement, but the "warm" capsule tends to capture more of your voice's bass, therefore making it warm and just so comforting. It also depends on what your voice category belongs in. If its those REALLY bassy one, like the ones you hear in commericals, then I think a dynamic might do you better. The Shure SM7B or Shure Sm58 is really good for that kind of thing. Besides, may I know what you are using the microphone for? Voice-overs or what?

I dont really have a bassy voice, ill be recoding singing/rap vocals

Well do you sing loudly or do you sing softly? If soft, go for a condenser, if loud, go for a Shure SM58 or SM7B, they can take a great deal of pressure.
( Microphones also matters on what kind of sound you wish to get ).

Also, is your room sound-proofed?

P.S: Just to clarify, are you aware that you can boost your bass in your DAW to make your voice sound more warm?

What was it in particular that you not like about the sE2200a, NT1a and Bluebird? If they were too bright then the MXL may be slightly better, or something like the Avantone CK6 or CK7 may work, but something like the SM7b or the EV RE20 would probably be better for you.

Back