Bluebear

To be honest, I don't know.... my wife bought the lavalamp for me as a studio-opening present, and I didn't see the box or anything........

It's a stainless steel model and it was bought at a little high-end home accessory shop here in town.

lpdeluxe said:
That's what he said.

A high-end lava lamp.
No - what I said was that it was a stainless steel lava lamp bought at a high-end home fashion store...... (ya know - the kind of place they sell wine bottle openers for $75!!!)

Unfortunately, it's one of my wife's favorite places to shop! :eek: :eek:

Last edited:
Yep, he definitely IMPLIED a high end lava lamp :) Did you notice, he also snuck in the point that he needed somebody else to choose it, a different pair of eyes....:)

So guys, if you want a lava lamp in your studio don't get a Berri one and don't choose it yourself ;)

Garry Sharp said:
Yep, he definitely IMPLIED a high end lava lamp :) Did you notice, he also snuck in the point that he needed somebody else to choose it, a different pair of eyes....:)

So guys, if you want a lava lamp in your studio don't get a Berri one and don't choose it yourself ;)

LOL. :D

And don't try to pick one out with sunglasses on ! :eek:

Garry Sharp said:

Hogwash!!

Get the Berri model and spend the money you saved on THIS!

:D

-mr moon

Blue Bear,

Do you leave power to the lava lamp continuously, or do you power it down after a session. I've heard powering them on and off will reduce the lifespan?

Oh, and and did you rebulb it? I've heard that the factory bulb just doesn't have the same warmth and clarity as the GE and Sylvania bulbs. (I think they're cheap chinese bulbs.)

BlindCowboy said:
Blue Bear,

Do you leave power to the lava lamp continuously, or do you power it down after a session. I've heard powering them on and off will reduce the lifespan?
I power it off -- I actually have a remote control switch for it! (seriously!)

BlindCowboy said:
Oh, and and did you rebulb it? I've heard that the factory bulb just doesn't have the same warmth and clarity as the GE and Sylvania bulbs. (I think they're cheap chinese bulbs.)
I did change the bulb - went with the GE (I think!) clean white (it's got a purple tint to the bulb).... MUCH better sounding, er... looking than the cheap junk!!!

:D :D

Blue Bear Sound said:
I power it off -- I actually have a remote control switch for it!

Bruce, that's just sick... Don't tell me. You've got a seat warmer for the toilet, and the coffee maker grinds it's own beans, then brews in one step.

BlindCowboy said:
Bruce, that's just sick... Don't tell me. You've got a seat warmer for the toilet, and the coffee maker grinds it's own beans, then brews in one step.
What can I say - I like my creature comforts!!! :p

Isn't it time for Fletcher to join in and tell us about the history of Lava Lamps?

Last edited:
Massive Master said:
You mean this?

How about this?? :D

-mr moon

EDIT: Original image created by (and "borrowed" from) Massive Master.

Attachments

• ultra-lava4.jpg
    ultra-lava4.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:
Now I get it...

So, Mr Moon, THAT's what a high-end lava lamp looks like!

Man, if I sell some of my mics maybe I can get one for the studio.

Back