Blue icicle latency w/ reaper.

MG Eddie

Ok so I got a blue icicle interface for x-mas. it works and all but there is some serious latency issues to overcome first. From what I understand the icicle is an input only and so the sound has to come from the computers internal interface. Is anyone aware of a way to use the icicle and hear what is being recorded in real time w/o the latency? sorry for the noob question but this is my first new interface in a while.

Do yourself a favor, take it back and get a regular usb interface.

Those plugs are ok for podcasting but (as you have found out) they have severe limitations.

It was an online christmas gift from amazon and the box was never saved. Now all I want to do is to at least try and make it work. At least now I have first hand knowledge as to why everyone hates on usb mic's.

Just reading the sales spiel on that thing is fascinating.... "Plug in the Icicle to add a USB output to your favorite XLR mic" - pretty sure that if you have enough mics that you can have a favourite, you're gonna have a proper interface.

Doesn't help you with your question, alas.

I do have a proper interface that I like very much(tascam us 800). The main reason for this purchase was to be able to do guitar/vox tracks at home and have an easy setup/tear down. Its funny that the box/receipt thing comes up because I'm sitting next to a 2 yr old blue encore100i box. I mean if there was no latency issues then I'd love this thing. I really did't just wanna go out and buy a usb mic, what I wanted instead was the versatility of a usb mic adapter.

Back