Blue bluebird or blue spark!?

danielholgate

Hey just wantin know which mic i should get out of the 2.. Is it worth upgrading another £60 to get the bluebird?!, i will record hiphop pop rnb tracks.. I wint use for instruments.. So vocals only..!

I maybe any alternative to these 2? But these are what i want ideally! :)

Well all 3 of these microphones are always on display at guitar center to try out. If your anywhere near one of the stores give them all a try and decide which one is best for you.

Try not to think of it as an "upgrade"....they've got the same maker, but they're completely different mics! I'm with moresound...give 'em a test run.

Try not to think of it as an "upgrade"....they've got the same maker, but they're completely different mics! I'm with moresound...give 'em a test run.
i have nowhere to give them a test run.. in UK there is no guitar centre.. most places dont sell the spark anymore so i got to order

it does frustrate me how in the UK unless you live in a big city or very near to a distributor, actually being able to try gear is quite difficult as the average music shops only seem to stock SM57's and 58's and either random/obscure LDC's or SDC's (i've seem alot of samson and maudio mic's in shops).

i know it's not the same and needs to be taken with a pinch of salt but try and find as many clips/samples as possible on line. i personally don't think you'll be disappointed with the blue spark, but it may be worth having a look on the second hand market first as if you really don't like it you won't have spent as much. although, if the store has a good return/trial policy then you can always return it and try something else until you're happy with it

i have nowhere to give them a test run.. in UK there is no guitar centre.. most places dont sell the spark anymore so i got to order

Ahh sorry man :( I am kinda in the same situation. I'm like 3 hours from a Guitar Center! You just gotta do what justsomeguy says below...look up as many clips and reviews online as possible!

it does frustrate me how in the UK unless you live in a big city or very near to a distributor, actually being able to try gear is quite difficult as the average music shops only seem to stock SM57's and 58's and either random/obscure LDC's or SDC's (i've seem alot of samson and maudio mic's in shops).

i know it's not the same and needs to be taken with a pinch of salt but try and find as many clips/samples as possible on line. i personally don't think you'll be disappointed with the blue spark, but it may be worth having a look on the second hand market first as if you really don't like it you won't have spent as much. although, if the store has a good return/trial policy then you can always return it and try something else until you're happy with it

Ahh sorry man :( I am kinda in the same situation. I'm like 3 hours from a Guitar Center! You just gotta do what justsomeguy says below...look up as many clips and reviews online as possible!

i know damn not being in the big city!! lol.. frustrating thing is... i can get the spark barnd new for £165... but i have found the bluebird on ebay used but goign cheap at the moment... and im not sure what to buy

Back