Blue Bear Sound

Thanks DJL!

I use the Groove Tubes on snare and it works really very well for that (gotta watch the SPL on the circuitry though!)- haven't used it on much else... yet!

Incidently, the studio URL is http://www.bluebearsound.com (which gets mapped to the link you posted!)

Thanks for the plug! ;)

Your welcome Bruce, and thank you for Groove Tubes AM51 info... keep up the good work. :)

I don't have a "main" one....... I'll throw up either an AT4033 or a Studio Projects C1 first and see how they work for a vocalist that I'm not already familiar with - but if either one don't give me the sound I want, I'll experiment with others.

Very often, though, if the 4033 doesn't do it, the C1 will.....

Further down the budget road, I'll look at adding a complement of high-end mics - but at this point, I only buy gear if I can establish a reasonable ROI. (ie, if a piece of gear is not going to create more business, then the studio doesn't need it until it does!!)

Blue Bear Sound said:
Further down the budget road, I'll look at adding a complement of high-end mics - but at this point, I only buy gear if I can establish a reasonable ROI. (ie, if a piece of gear is not going to create more business, then the studio doesn't need it until it does!!)

That sounds like a good philosophy. What indicators will determine when that time comes? And yeah...the ram upgrade was a cool thing to do!...thanks dude.

T

Bruce, I've tried the AT4033 on numerous singers and finally gave up. I couldn't find one it works with, I'm surprised it gets 50% of your vocal duty. Mine sits under snare and well, that's about it. It seems to do OK on acoustic guitar and very good on guitar cabs.

Sorry, not trying to hijack your thread, your comment just caught me off guard. :)

War

Warren Dent
www.frontendaudio.com

Warhead said:
Bruce, I've tried the AT4033 on numerous singers and finally gave up. I couldn't find one it works with, I'm surprised it gets 50% of your vocal duty. Mine sits under snare and well, that's about it. It seems to do OK on acoustic guitar and very good on guitar cabs.

Sorry, not trying to hijack your thread, your comment just caught me off guard. :)

War

Warren Dent
www.frontendaudio.com
Maybe the difference is with the room your recording in, or your preamp, or your mic placement, or maybe your singers just sucked in the first place?

The 4033 is pretty legendary for its bang for buck. I've heard people nearly wet themselves about how much they love that mic. Never use one myself, but I've heard some really decent recordings with it.

Originally posted by DJL
Maybe the difference is with the room your recording in,

Nope.

or your preamp,

Nope.

or your mic placement,

Nope.

or maybe your singers just sucked in the first place?

Nope. Again it's been so far off base I've stopped even trying it long ago. I was just surprised that Bruce is having such luck, hell what works works right? I just can't find a good use for the mic in front of any singer. Sounds like you're having success with yours too, more power to ya DJL! :)

War

Warren Dent
www.frontendaudio.com

Warhead said:
Originally posted by DJL
Maybe the difference is with the room your recording in,

Nope.

or your preamp,

Nope.

or your mic placement,

Nope.

or maybe your singers just sucked in the first place?

Nope. Again it's been so far off base I've stopped even trying it long ago. I was just surprised that Bruce is having such luck, hell what works works right? I just can't find a good use for the mic in front of any singer. Sounds like you're having success with yours too, more power to ya DJL! :)

War

Warren Dent
www.frontendaudio.com
Oh well, I guess you just don't like the sound of the mic... and I can relate to that because there are some mics I just don't care for either, however the 4033 isn't one them... anyway, peace. :)

Back