BLUE Balls

I wonder what they're supposed to be good for. I read something about them that says they're a phantom-powered dynamic.

Isn't that an oxymoron?

From all of the damn pictures i cannot tell how big this thing is!

Is it really small? Or is it the size of a human head?

I also am having trouble with guessing the size. I haven't tried to hard to figure out, though. It looks from the pictures like it is too big to mount on a stand. Looks like a neat product, though. I would guess that the phantom power is just used to get a little more output from the dynamics, right?

I read somewhere that it is about the same size as a regulation softball. I guess that would make it a large dynamic...

the phantom power is used to power a circuit which will supposedly keep a constant impedance load at the mic output. I think that there's a picture somewhere at www.bluemic.com which shows it mounted on a stand. My interpretation was more of a baseball-size.

-mg

Chess:
From what I read in HOMERECORDING, i believe that the phantom power is required to give it a balanced output.

Matty

Kelsey said:
I read somewhere that it is about the same size as a regulation softball. I guess that would make it a large dynamic...

I heard that you actually have to climb into it to use it. I think it's about the size of a small semi-bungalow.

This is a microphone??? What do you do with it just set it on the floor and hope nobody steps on it??I dont understand?

Well, if you were British (or from a host of other non-North American nations), or ten, you'd set it on the floor and have a kickabout. :cool:

MartyMcFly said:
This is a microphone??? What do you do with it just set it on the floor and hope nobody steps on it??I dont understand?

Can't you see? It flys! that's what the phantom power if for! :D

Blue Balls

I though this was a condition we recordists get from sitting too long in front of our computers.

Back