Blue baby bottle vs akg perception 420

RobbieD

Hey i was just wondering if the blue baby bottle is a good mic compared to wat i have now, the akg perception 420. I went out shopping and two salesmen said the blue baby bottle is great for vocals... Ive looked at some reviews and alot of people like it but they say it has a dark color, wat does that mean?? And will the baby bottle be a big improvement compared to the akg prrception 420?

Watch out what salesmen try to sell you.

When I say that a microphone is dark I mean that it favors the low mids from the source that I m recording. Now this could be a good thing and a bad thing.
In a complicated mix with a lot going on I wouldn't use such a microphone I would use a microphone that is brighter for the transduction of important sources like vocals, that way you wouldn't be fighting with the mix trying to EQ life back into during mixdown.

Hey i was just wondering if the blue baby bottle is a good mic compared to wat i have now, the akg perception 420. I went out shopping and two salesmen said the blue baby bottle is great for vocals... Ive looked at some reviews and alot of people like it but they say it has a dark color, wat does that mean?? And will the baby bottle be a big improvement compared to the akg prrception 420?
Take your AKG 420 to the store and do some A/B testing between the 420 and Blue Bird.
You may find a reason to keep the AKG and then buy the BB too!!!

Back