Bloody mary Sunday

I'm certainly not an expert on this genre of music, but overall I'd say it's sounds pretty good. I'd like to hear more drums on most of the song and probably less vocals, especially in the beginning durring the softer part. I really do like some of the delays used on the vocals. Makes for some cool effects.

Is this a band, will you be using this as a demo or...?

I agree with Nate. Is everyone afraid of the drums? All the musicians that I've heard rock! The drums seem like they are about 200 yards away from the singer. Great, song, great voice good hair band music, good guitar.
The guitar solo needs to come up to the vocal level when it solos.
I bet you guys sound great live. :)

Nate74,

I'm certainly not an expert on this genre of music, but overall I'd say it's sounds pretty good. I'd like to hear more drums on most of the song and probably less vocals, especially in the beginning durring the softer part. I really do like some of the delays used on the vocals. Makes for some cool effects.

I agree with what your sayin Nate. This was only the first mix and our heads were still numb from tracking that day :o so I'll keep what you said in mind. Thanks man.

Dracon,

I agree with Nate. Is everyone afraid of the drums? All the musicians that I've heard rock! The drums seem like they are about 200 yards away from the singer. Great, song, great voice good hair band music, good guitar.

Hehehe, "Is everyone afraid of drums?" haha, that one cracked me up :D . To tell the truth about this, my drummer is the one that mixed this..go figure eh? I'll make damn sure the drums cut through the next go around :) Appreciate you guys..

Is this a band, will you be using this as a demo or...?

No, just two old dudes doing what they love :)

I think it's great that you're doin' it for the love of it. I get so wrapped up in the professional side of things (read: money) I forget why I started with music in the first place.

Maybe when I'm an "old dude" I'll be so lucky.

BTW, "old dude' seems to be a moving target. 10 years ago 30 seemed REALLY old to me... :o

badass song. bass needs to come up a good bit. drums have no stereo field. and im sorry but you had to have used a drum machine on this. lol. or fruity loops. vox are awesome. guitars need some playing around with as far as seperation goes. cool tune though.

Drums sound good but definitely need to come up in the mix

But hmm.. the main distortion guitar?? Way to satuarated -- sounds like the old school rockman.

Vocals sound great, both quality and recording.
Song is really good.

producerkid said:
badass song. bass needs to come up a good bit. drums have no stereo field. and im sorry but you had to have used a drum machine on this. lol. or fruity loops. vox are awesome. guitars need some playing around with as far as seperation goes. cool tune though.

I agree about the bass needing to come up. I thought we had a pretty good seperation on the drums, hmmm :confused: . Yeah, the guitars need some work I agree.

and im sorry but you had to have used a drum machine on this. lol. or fruity loops

This kinda bugged me though, are you saying the playing is crap? Or is it the tone of the drums/or both? :) That's a real drummer, he's playing thru an alesis D4 (which is crap I know) and he'd tell you the same thing lol. Appreciate the listen :)

shookiejones ... Working on the drums.

But hmm.. the main distortion guitar?? Way to satuarated -- sounds like the old school rockman.

Haha, you got a laugh out of me there. I used to own one of those lol, please don't tell me it sounded like that :D . I agree though it is a little much satuarated. When you can't play for shit (like me) you tend to use what you can to cover up :) ...thanks for the listen bro.

Back