Bloody Mary - Road House

....not only that, but you could at least get the title right. It's called "Red House". :rolleyes:

I don't know, Friday night, jam session in the basement. Sounds alright to me.
The drummer is solid, the bass player have some nice licks. The rhythm guitar parts are great. Singer has some soul.!
Crack a beer and enjoy it guys!

I don't know, Friday night, jam session in the basement.
Crack a beer and enjoy it guys!
Well, if you put it in that context, yeah. :cool:

Edited the rest of my post because I promised myself I'm going to try and not sound mean-spirited just because I don't like something. So, if anyone read what I had posted, I apologize.

Last edited:
I agree. But it's a good try, and I do think it has some merit in the playing/singing department. Lord knows I could never channel Jimmy...

Last edited:
Good capture of a "jam session".....would require some work to make it a demo for obtaining more gigs(press kit).

Great Buddy Guy song.......

Just kidding Rami.

I actually really dig his version though.

would require some work to make it a demo for obtaining more gigs

Thanks for the feedback, but this is not actually very helpful. It requires what work? what do you think I need to do to make it acceptable?

I am more interested in feedback on the audio, the video is maybe not so good because the guitar was an overdub that I didn't video, hence the stills. Bear in mind i'm not recording a grammy award winning album here, I wouldn't be posting on "homerecording".com if I was.

Dave

would require some work to make it a demo for obtaining more gigs

Thanks for the feedback, but this is not actually very helpful. It requires what work? what do you think I need to do to make it acceptable?

I am more interested in feedback on the audio, the video is maybe not so good because the guitar was an overdub that I didn't video, hence the stills. Bear in mind i'm not recording a grammy award winning album here, I wouldn't be posting on "homerecording".com if I was.

Dave

Well since you asked, to me, the guitar tone needs some work. Not enough Strat and too much amp. That's all I really didn't like.
Had you made it clear what you wanted in the OP I'd have mentioned it before. But that's cool.

Oh yeah and if you go advanced you can edit the post title. I thought this was something from that Patrick Swazey movie

Best part is the guitar tone and I find that to be more harsh and brittle than creamy....the clean accents could come up.

The bass player sounds like he's holding the piece together so bring the bass up, and add some eq to the high mid to accentuate the bass and help to define it in the mix.

Drums, the toms sound pretty darn good or better than the rest at least. Cymbals are washy. Snare goes "ping"....not "crack". Kick could come up, or at the very least eq to seperate from the bass.

Vox lack air and sheen almost like you low passed them. They also seem separated from the mix.

Over-all it has a bit of a lo-fi, garage band recording flavor. Fine if that's what you are going for....

Just because it's a home recording doesn't mean it has to sound like it was recorded in a basement.

Back