Blonde Blues Junior?

Outlaws said:
The volume is enough to play with a drummer.
The tone is not that of the famous Fender "shimmer" but more of an overdriven breakup to a full on rock sound.
I never had a problem with mine.

How is the clean? Is there any?

post.aux.fader said:
How is the clean? Is there any?

There isn't much if any clean at jamming volume. Its more of that very early Stones that has a mild breakup to it. At least that was my experience when playing loud enough to be heard over drums. You can control the breakup a lot though with how hard you pick the strings since it is a touch sensitive amp. Though you still probably won't get a real clean out of it at that volume.

When you do have a clean though its warmer. I really hate to use the word "muddy" because it sounds like a bad word, but that is what I would call it. Its completely usable IMO, and even sounds good if you know how to play to the amp, but it just isn't going to sound good if someone is expecting the DeluxeReverb jangle.

On a side note...I owned both the ProJunior, the Blues Junior, and the HotRodDeluxe (or whatever the 40watt 1 12" is called). None have a clean. The 40 watter had an amazing clean channel, but only becuase it was a BEAUTIFUL mild break up sound that really good. The second channel blew IMO and hummed easier than a $5 hooker. The ProJunior was my favorite of all of them. But the BluesJunior is still good if you want the tone controls and master volume. I was just looking for a stripped down amp with out a reverb tank for recording....and since I liked the previous two.....ya know... I would buy them again one day if I have the cash. Infact I would get two ProJuniors, set that on opposite sides of a SuperReverb, and use my Y pedal with my on/off switch to only kick on the ProJuniors for all out rock sounds with the Super on full time providing shimmering cleans. :D :D :D :D :D :D

Last edited:
Outlaws said:
The volume is enough to play with a drummer.

Nah! I would go that far. It's loud but there's not enough balls to go head to head with a heavy drummer. I've tried it. With bass and another guitar.

HangDawg said:
Nah! I would go that far. It's loud but there's not enough balls to go head to head with a heavy drummer. I've tried it. With bass and another guitar.

Well then you need to angle it so it points at both you and the drummer because I had a very heavy handed drummer (and you are right, it was a hair to quiet... until I angled it) who then told me to turn it down a little.

Back