Bleed Reworked --- Feel free to hammer again

kormaniac

Ok...quickly reworked by removing the background keyboards that most people thought didn't fit...and tried to lower the cymbals a bit....let me know your thoughts....
going for maybe two stars this time??

that made a big difference in the beginning part... that's a pretty sick melody, but when the guitar comes in it still sounds off.. partly because the keys are off.. it's imitating the vocals, but not well.. there is also no snare drum that I could hear, so the beat is not grooving like it wants to... the guitar sound is not that good either.. I can definitely hear where your going with this, but somethings not right.. it's almost too discord at times..

I would redo those keys, and get a better drumbeat.. or better drum machine.. The melody in this tune is great, but I think more of a Sabbath type sound in that chorus is what it needs..

feel free to ignore all of this..

keys

I think the 'keys' your referring to are guitar notes....and understood...they were in the song...before the vocals were added....maybe I'll try to rework those with different notes...

and your input is appreciated...and yes...this song....the only one I've done with looped beats has created quite a bit of problems....from lack of snare to too loud cymbals....I'll work it. Thanks again.

Greetings kormaniac !

This is interesting! The voice is really solid and should be brought out front WAY more. It almost sounds like guitar "notes" or harmonics behind the voice, if the vox were louder it may blend better. Also there is almost NO presence of drums at all aside from the cymbal crashes. Without knowing how this was recorded it is tough to give advice. If you can bring the drums out from the cellar it would help a ton. There seems to be alot of "sonic value" missing. Most of the sound seems jammed into too small a spectrum. How about a little info on how this was recorded.

Has potential to be really neat!
Stay with it!
Joel ;)

recorded

Thanks Joel,
This song actually has acid drums...the only song I've done doing them...and I'm going to try and work on them more tonight...maybe even change the swing of them. Also, I'm going to try and work the guitar chorus to have more of that 'sonic' energy you speak of. Simply recorded with an sm57 into my gadget labs....nothing complicated for sure...but thanks for your advice...and I'll be working on it.

Back