blade runner themed rough draft vox

A one word response would suffice as feedback, and might be interesting.

just looking for anything as feedback from you all here.

from my stats on SC I don't even see anyone listening...has anyone listened to this? thanks!

A one word response would suffice as feedback, and might be interesting.

just looking for anything as feedback from you all here.

from my stats on SC I don't even see anyone listening...has anyone listened to this? thanks!
The character limits on this forum mean it would need to be a 10-letter word!

I think with this genre there isn't really such thing as "too much" processing on the vocals.
That being said, you may want to revisit your delivery. It's a bit pitchy.

I don't know if you're looking for writing recommendations too, but the melody is pretty repetitive.

I really like it actually. I am a big an of Blade Runner too and it was really reminicent of the film. I think it's a far more European Club Style, possibly a bit dated now but it really reminds me of when I used to go clubbing. I like your voice too.

@vomithatsteve; whoops! i forgot about the character limit, that's pretty funny! thanks for your feedback, though. I will try to revisit the delivery. I think I need a vocal coach for some guidance though, maybe as a guide track, to help get me where I need to be since I'm so green with singing, and about every other aspect of music. When you referred to the writing, and the melody being repetitive, was that the lyrics that you were referring to, or did you mean the actual music? I am also new to writing music, and playing, and cubase, and- you get the idea. For now all I really can get into is making some loops with very limited changes. I need some more experience trying to work in breaks and a bunch of other changes that will make the music more lively and invigorating, instead of so repetitive. I try to make unique loops or sections to give me some basic foundation to use as inspiration for lyrics/singing...anyway, thanks again for your input!

@JDOD, thanks for taking the time to listen and provide some feedback! It is nice to hear some encouragement. I know I am still a terrible little newb, but I am trying so hard. Every ounce of critique helps! And, every ounce of positive feedback is very motivational, it keeps me from throwing in the towel. The lyrics were centered around the film, from the perspective of a replicant. I tend to hear that a lot of the music I "compose" or produce (if I dare call it that) tends to have a more 80's club feel, that is probably unintentional and just a subconscious thing.... Pretty funny to hear that over and over. How do I modernize! haha. Thanks again!

No probs - I quite like the style of music; like Steve said, a bit pitchy in places but there's nothing to stop you running that through an autotune anyway; getting a slight "Cher Effect" on that wouldn't affect the song at all, in fact it might suit it.

It was the melody that I found repetitive. You kept hitting that Eb or E and holding it. Catchy melody is a tough and elusive beast, but I think you'll get it! Just keep writing a bunch of songs, and you'll start to get a better sense of what makes a good song.

I probably didn't write my first decent song until a year after my first song; even that one needed to be revisited and punched up two years later when I recorded it.

(And I'm just gonna leave this here :D )

Back