Blade guitar GAS attack

Beltrom

So, yesterday I went into a music store. The dealer had a Levinson Blade Durango T Hybrid on the wall with a pricetag at approximately $1150 but he told me he was willing to let it go for $600. After some talk he went down another $100. That put us just below the going price for a Mexico Standard Strat or an Epi G400 here in Sweden. Blade don't make this model anymore and he has had it for a few years, but it is brand new - only been played by himself and a few customers (I don't doubt this, the guitar is absolutely mint). I even got a bag and a guitar stand in the deal. He let me take it home and try it out before deciding, but I have to decide by tomorrow. hb + 2 sc, active electronics, piezo, swamp ash, finish to die for. It has fantastic playability, never played anything quite like it. It also seems to be able to cover an incredible range of tones, even the twangy kind. Can someone please help me find a reason NOT to do this deal? I want's it, I want's it my precious.

Thank you, that helped some. Especially from a fellow Cakewalker. Then again, you play a silhouette. That's $1700 here. Waaaay out of my league...
Wait, maybe I can use that, i should save my money and go for a silhouette later. That's a couple of years down the road!

Do it do it. Don't trust a one of us. We are evil.... you like? it likes? Plays good, sounds good, feels good, price is good? Looks good? Whats the worst thing that can possibly happen? you find a few months down the road its not still perfect....sell it. Thats one of the beauties of getting a sound monetary deal...

whats worse is you will see Frodo with it someday, getting rich and popular and say "it was mine...."

Even said:
whats worse is you will see Frodo with it someday, getting rich and popular and say "it was mine...."

Nice master, good master. He won't hurt us.
But really. That's so true. The mistakes we regret the most are often those we don't do. And like you say. I couldn't get screwed to badly on this one.
Hey, stop it, you're pushing me in the wrong direction...

That could be a fun thread though. The guitars we didn't buy and regret we didn't.

Aaron Cheney said:
Don't know how it might work in Sweden, but I picked up both my Silhouettes off Ebay for $600 and $550.

I'm a staunch advocate of buying used.

Aaron
http://www.voodoovibe.com

What's the street price for a new silhouette in USA? Those prices looks like very good deals to me.

Used is good. I buy many things used (a Shure SM58 today), including guitars. I have some friends who has bought from ebay, but mostly ebay uk. Never used it myself, probably will, not for guitars though. I want to play the damn thing before wasting my money on it. Have you never been disappointed when buying guitars that way?

Just to let you know I just messed up Frodos career in music. And I'll have to start my quest for a GASfree life all over again...

Hi, I'm Dan. And I'm a gearaholic.

Back