Blackstar ID Core Beam - anyone used?

Dave Holmes

Found out that I'm being given a bonus in December's paycheck which is wicked.

I've chosen a new guitar (been drooling on a hollow body for months) and am picking it up on weds... I've got an old Line6POD that I still use occasionally to record with as I don't have an amp these days.

So I'd quite like a small amp to practice on in the livingroom and the Beam looks good.
The Bluetooth playback is a major plus as well as my family and I are increasingly reliant on web streaming for music.

Also very keen on the possibility of using the Beam as an audio interface... Being able to grab my laptop and the Maschine controller and being able make a beat while monitoring on the amp and then being able to track guitar and/or bass from the sofa... Without having to bring any more gear downstairs... That's something I'd like, especially as access to my studio (attic) is so limited with the baby...

Have any of you got experience of the Blackstar Beam? Recorded with it over USB?
Used it for monitoring in a location (ie; not the studio) setting?

mailto:newsletter@blackstaramps.co.uk

Live demo on today at 2pm Might feature a Beam? I had an early Core 40 (son now uses it in French bars) and it did all you say. No Bluetooth of course but I also bought their Bluetooth jack device and that seemed ok (sent that to son as well!)

I did of course work for the company but no longer have any involvement whatsoever.

Dave.

Thanks Dave. I pulled the trigger on it today (town was horrible with unwashed Christmas shoppers) and I'm pretty impressed so far.

Back