Black

Fade

Well, my last submission got no attention, but let's see how this one does. A little Pearl Jam this time. I'm not terribly happy with the vocal, and I need to find a keyboard to do the piano part properly, but on the whole I'm reasonably happy for just messing around in my living room. Anyway, let me know what you think. Constructive criticism is always welcome. Check it out in .mp3 or .wav for those who need full quality. ;)

Pearl Jam - Black

.wav

Actually sounds pretty good. You might post the mp3 as 128 or 192K....but it's a good version of this tune.

Yeah the bit rate needs to be higher--I suspect your tune's getting beat up by the MP3 conversion.

The vocal's a bit distant and hard to hear--a little muffled too. The drums are also down too much and sound thin (the thinness could be the mp3 thing). So I guess if I'm saying the vox & drums are too far down/back, maybe I'm saying the guits & bass are too far up/forward?

And I would like to hear that vocal more. Sounds like you sang it with real passion!

Sounds great man.

I listened to the mp3 early this morning and now again with the new link. Sounds a little brighter and clearer...what bit rate was the 1st link?

I am not overly familiar with pearl jam, but I did finally recognize the song by the ending...the telltale riff and the do do do do do woo hoo's...I like the vocals and the bass in particular. Drums may be a bit thin as mentioned previously, but a very nice recording nonetheless.:)

One of my fav's by Pearl Jam..I like your vocal style on this...diffrent from Eddie's a little smoother/lighter..but it works well. Drums seem a little distant and low in the mix, and also kinda thin...otherwise, great job on this..thanks for sharing!

Back