Bizzare DSP/CPU feedback problem ?!?!

sushi-mon

Posted this on the computer thread, but thought I should put it here too:

Ok, my rig:

Ptool LE 6.8
Mbox 2
PC with 2.8 clock and 512 ram (yes I am going to upgrade the RAM)

My problem:

I was configuring a dual-mono reverb bus last night as an RTAS. So I could have one side of the D-verb set one way, and the other, the other way. I could choose between which side of the "unchained" reverb I wanted and how much I want piped from each audio channel.

3 audio channels, and the 1 d-verb auxilliary input channel. So I am not doing much here.

Everything runs fine, but when I pause play, my CPU usage meters jumps from about 10 percent up to 70-80 percent ! When I press play again, it all falls back down to normal.

After some tooling around, if I give the D-verb no inputs during pause, the CPU meter falls back to normal, if I disable the D-verb channel, everything goes back to normal during pause. So, it seems to be the DSP and/or bus I have configured causing the problem.

So, while the D-verb bus is not processing any signal and lying idol, I am getting some type of idle feedback loop or something. The only way around it seems to be to disable it during pause. This cannot be the way it is meant to be.

Maybe there is some sort of preference to set, that causes all DSPs to be automatically disabled during pause ?

Thoughts ? Help ? A shotgun ?

Back