Welcome to my 190 square feet of joy.

Attachments

• southafter2.jpg
    southafter2.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 113
  • northafter2.jpg
    northafter2.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 103
If it were anywhere else in the world besides Maui, it would only be so-so. As it is, I'm green with envy. :D
Welcome sir.

That looks like a nice size of room to work with. As your ears develop you will begin to appreciate TR's comment (ie. "so-so") and will probably want to delve into some acoustics.

But, for now, just enjoy the experience :D And I, too, would love to trade you spaces just to be in Maui!!

Cheers,
Darryl.....

Yea it's a tight space. It started out a real piece of crap room. The great thing about Birdhouse is location as you say. It's in my front yard all by itself and it's a four minute walk to the beach.
It was originally a small guest house and over the years got turned into a storage shed. I've studded, insulated and drywalled it. All that wall covering is acoustic ceiling tiles. Acoustic tuning is the next step here. I only recently got it to this stage.

I recon a couple bass traps is a good place to start. I built a pro studio here on Maui several years back. Three rooms plus a control room. All soundproofed by yours truly. It was a great learning experience and I've offered advice to a few other studio builders here.

Thanks for the replys. Next time you vacation on Maui look me up! :cool:

Back