BIOS setting: any ABIT'ers?

knownuttin

I've got an ABIT BE6-II as prescribed in prorec's RYO2K article. I'm trying to find out where in the BIOS I can set the accelloration rate for the AGP. I understand it's less of a strain on your processor to set it for 2X as opposed to its default position of 4X. Can't find this anywhere in the BIOS.

Also, if you can please describe how I can disable bus mastering for my graphics accellorator, a Voodo 3dfx card. Someone had suggested Control Panel-Display-Advanced and uncheck the box. There was no box for bus mastering there that I found.

Let me know if more system info is needed. Yes, I know I should call tech support. Coming here is much less frustrating than sitting on hold. Thanks in advance.

First of all, AGP 4X requires an AGP 4X card. If you're using a V3 ( you didn't say which voodoo), then don't worry about it.

Secondly, setting the AGP mode to 2X isn't going to do squat in terms of recording performance.

Thirdly, you can't disable bus mastering for your video card, and there would be absolutely no reason to do so. DMA allows a device to access memory without the assistance of the processor, freeing up processor resources.

There are a ton of DAW myths out there, and you just met up with two of them. Keep your video drivers up-to-date, keep your display settings at 16bit color, and you'll be just fine 99% of the time.

Slackmaster 2000

Back