binding posts?

solarchaos

I'm not real knowledgeable on the physical electronic aspects of many things but i can find my away around. Anyways i saw a great deal on this crown microtech 1200 power amp and i was thinking about getting it. The only problem is its outputs are binding posts(i think thats what they're called, little red and black circular poles?). I've never seen these before and i have no idea what they connect to or how to connect something to them? How do u connect speakers to them? do u need speakers with speaker cable like for your stereo system or do u need like pa speakers with a special connector? very confused, someone please help

also if u know any good cheap(under 400 bucks) power amps please tell me

They kinda sound like what I call Bananna Clips. And no matter what they are they sound compatible with any unbalanced connection. If you wire the red to the tip of a 1/4 inch, and the black to the ring.. it should work fine. If they're banannas. or the equivalent. which all the crowns Ive ever seen are.

yee haw.
xoxox

oh, by the way, if theyre banannas, you need a 'bananna end'to wire it up.. a couple bucks at an audio store. AND Ive heard (read: HEARD) that banannas are the most efficient of all unbalanced interconnections...

xoxo

yep, those're the ones. Totally compatible. Just go get the ends and wire em up. You can get them pre-made, too, if you dont know a soldering iron from adam.

xooxox

i've used a soldering iron plenty of times thank you, also what kind of speakers are best to you? pa system speakers by a guitar company like fender or peavey or home audio speakers by someone like sony?

what are you using them for?? that would tell you what kind of speaks you want...

xoox

Just for a way to hear the vocals in my bands over the loud guitars and drums. I'm kinda broke right now so we're just gonna plug mics into a mixer, then into a receiver with speakers. it works. i've done it. it sounds good. thanx for your help though. maybe if we get a paying gig we might buy a pa system or somethin

Back