Bill Connors is back!

AlChuck

I stumbled on a brand new CD today -- Bill Connors Return. He was the original guitarist in Chick Corea's Return to Forever, then quit to play acoustic guitar on a couple of ECM solo releases, then played in Jan Garbarek's group.... then disappeared for a decade or so, then returned to electric in the late eighties and released three Holdsworthy albums, then disappeared again until now...

This time he's playing electric but a very clean archtop.. really excellent recording...

Thank you for the news!
Sort of missed Connors' playing.
I just hope that the new label's sound is better because his ECM recordings didn't make my day.
Thanks,

It's very different than any of the stuff he's done before. He plays an L-5 through a tube amp of his own design, apparently. No effects. Piano, bass,drums, and some percussion on a song or two. Closer to mainstream jazz than any of his previous stuff, but very fresh and new-sounding.

:eek: :eek: :eek: YOU GOT TO BE SHITIN ME!!!
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I watched him play every night for 6 weeks in a little bar in Sacramento Ca back in the late 70's.. He was UNFUCKINGBELIEVABLE!! He changed my whole concept of musicianship as far as guitarists are concerned. When the gig in Sac was finished, he went over to Stinson Beach to rehearse with Corea(I believe). Last I hear 10 years ago was he was killed in a car wreck. This TOTALLLLY makes my day. THANKS A MILLION!!
fitZ

Back