Big trouble trying to reinstall Sonar XL 7?

ASG

Today i was recording in Sonar Home Studio Xl 7, when all of a sudden the recording stopped, the audio cut out and a dialogue box popped up saying that Sonar was not installed correctly and that i needed to uninstall it and then reinstall it on my laptop. So i uninstalled the program, and have been attempting to reinstall, but everytime i put the disc in my cd drive and start the installation, i get the blue screen of death. It suggested to me that something that id installed recently was installed wrong and that i should redo the installation. Now i already uninstalled Sonar, and the only other thing ive installed recently are the drivers for my tascam us-800, which i got off the website today. However i dont see how that could have anything to do with it cause i was recording fine with it for over an hour before this happened. Im very confused and aggravated, can someone explain this to me?

people are going to need more info to help you. What OS? CPU? Ram? What other programs do you have going? etc?? Are you sure the dialog specifically says Sonar is not installed properly??

Also, did you put any 3rd party plugs in your VST folder?? Some plugs may not be compatible with Sonar and could cause it to crash. I've had that problem with Cuabse several times.

k OS win7 64 bit, 3gram 320g harddrive, dual processor. Cpu has never been a problem for me, besides i never have any other programs open except the internet occasionally if i need to look up a faq or something. Yes im sure the dialogue box said sonar was incorrectly installed and i didnt have a choice to keep recording after that cause it froze up terribly. I have the xl version, which comes with 2 discs, the xl disc which i hadnt installed yet could that be a problem? i do have some 3rd party stuff but that was all there before sonar, and the first time id installed sonar on here it didnt have any problems. I dont really use the 3rd party stuff so ill uninstall that and see if it works. Also on the same day this happened webroot had found and quarantined a virus, which it told me was a virus known to make fake alerts pop up on your computer, could that have been the problem? cause i got rid of the virus and still no success? thanks for helping out

Error message

I was having some problems reinstalling Sonar XL Version 7 after an error message. I called the Sonar help line and they got me up and running. Be prepared for a long hold time.
Good luck, Mike

Make absolutely sure you are running the program and the installation as "administrator".

The program will not install if you do not give it the proper permissions.

Back