Big Muff battery question!

parkbirds

So here is the deal, I just got a Big Muff, a Russian one. So my question is……………

Someone told me that when the battery is disconnected, it still runs through chain to the amp. I tried this, and it works. This does not happen with Boss, DOD or any other pedals I have tried. So my question is, have you ever left your Big Muff connected for days on end? Does it loose battery when plugged in but not activated like other pedals? Or, is it different?

This is not a bypass question.

If you have not tried this, or accidentally done this in real life, please do not contribute to this post; unless you know the new Russian electronics inside and out. I’m going for scientific study type deal.

I forgot to state my HYPOTHESIS!

My hypothesis is that the Big Muff turns “on” when you activate the distortion and off when you switch to bypass. Instead of other pedals that are always “on” when both the input and output jacks are plugged in, regardless if the effect is activated.

Could this be true?

It would be rad to leave it plugged in all the time, from what I have read, some people's batteries have lasted a year.

Back