Big Mistake

jdavis

Hey Guys,

Check this song out, called Big Mistake at

We recorded it in a house using protools LE on the Digi001. Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks!

***Justin***

Sounds good-I like the song ok-though it reminds me of something...not sure what. But anyway the performances are good-you captured a live performance type of energy-which i like-though the mix isnt exactly jelling together ATM it seems to me-the snare is kinda obnoxious-turn it down and maybe slap a bit of verb on it(thats my advice for everything though). I think the bass needs to come up-I believe that would "glue" the mix together more. Overall you got a good sounding demo here though-nice work. Oh and obviously edit the talking click-track stuff from the beginning and the end.

I actually like the click track/talking in the beginning. Main problem I hear is lack of low end. Kick is not real well-defined and I can barely even hear a bass. I agree with Strat's snare drum comments - a little too "in your face".

There's an odd dry "scraping" sound that's right up front - is it an acoustic guitar? That could go.

Performance-wise y'all are real solid. Just needs some mix tweaking.

Very good vocal performance. Awesome energy. Sounds like you did it in one take. Is that the case?

good tune,
Chris

Good song, nice to hear something upbeat.

The chord progression in the verse has "Disarm" by Smashing Pumpkins written all over it....:)

Thanks for the comments guys! Yeah, the acoustic is the scraping thing upfront, gonna work on that. Also, I agree, snare down, bass up.

Yeah, the vocals were done in one take. I appreciate the comments!

***Justin***

Downloaded last night & listening at work on cans.

This sounded very good to me. I learned from just reading the other responses and listening. It sounded so good (to me) that I couldn’t find anything wrong, but I can hear what the other guys are saying after the fact.

Excellent work & cool song.

Looks like a keeper for me. 3 for 3 today :D

Back