BIG blue ball mics sale at samedaymusic

can anybody tell me if this is whorth it
and how the crap do you set this on a stand?

the kickball is totally worth it, and i actually chose it over the audix d6 when i used the two side by side.

there is a thread right inside the mic, so you just twist the mic right onto your stand.

I see ZZounds also has the mic for $50. Most others I checked are out. Thanks for the heads up. Worth a try for that price.

so i went for the blue ball after reading a review saying that it works wonders on floor tom, and it just so happens that i could use another floor tom mic. and i can always use more colored dynamics for guitar cabs.

I have used the kickball and the blue ball plenty of times. Personally, I find them both to be fairly useless, especially the kick ball. I have tried the kickball in all three positions, and at different placements. In all cases I had to do some serious work to make it sound good. Personally, an Audix D6, AKG D112, Shure beta 52, Sennheiser 602 etc... are MUCH better kick drum mics. However, for $50 the Blue mics may be an OK purchase. The standard Blue ball, seems somewhat similar to a 57, but has a rougher sound to it, which 9 ot of 10 times seems like a bad thing to me.

I have used the kickball and the blue ball plenty of times. Personally, I find them both to be fairly useless, especially the kick ball. I have tried the kickball in all three positions, and at different placements. In all cases I had to do some serious work to make it sound good. Personally, an Audix D6, AKG D112, Shure beta 52, Sennheiser 602 etc... are MUCH better kick drum mics. However, for $50 the Blue mics may be an OK purchase. The standard Blue ball, seems somewhat similar to a 57, but has a rougher sound to it, which 9 ot of 10 times seems like a bad thing to me.

i disagree about the kickball, i've had great success and bands have come to me specifically because of the kick sound i'm getting.

and the blue ball looks promising not because it sounds like a 57, but because its frequency response would compliment the 57 pretty well, with the blues lo mid contours.

chart_2.jpg

yea, the blueball is like the anti-57.

didn't like mine much really, but clearly not at all anything like a sm57.

I own one of the Blue Balls. It sits there on the shelf to look pretty because clients think it looks cool. The reason I think of it like a 57 is that it has the same sort of raspiness to it. It has this almost slightly distorted sound to it. Every one that I have used exhibits the same thing. This can often work well on certain guitar sounds, but I have plenty of other things I prefer, generally speaking. There is also a good reason why the Kickball never really sold to well. That reason is that most people find that it just doesn't sound very good. I too am one of those people, but we are all certainly entitled to our opinions.

Back