Big big problems with mac! can u help?

c_r_a_z_y

My computer and stuff has gone pear shaped for no reason!
I was workin with the computer last night and it was recording and playing back fine in cubase!
I was mixing with it fine this mornin!
Then i get home tonight to do some work, and I cant get any sound into the machine!
everything is set up how I left it lasrt night but nothing is coming in.
I have cheacked in sound manager that there is sound coming in on the imput and there is thats all fine (and theres a decent level)
So then to the cubase to start recording.

I enable the audio and say where I want all my audio files to be stored which is all fine press record and I hear the click but not what Im playing and its not recording it either.

I have got my mixer routed like this:-

Tape out goes to my amp and monitors
Alt bus goes out to computer
and then the sound comes back into the mixer through the tape in!

I have got the buttons pushed down so the channels on the mixer are sent to the alt out bus and checked sound manager again and there is stuff coming in still.
So when Im about to recordI press the botton down so I can hear what is coming in through the Tape in! I can hear the click but nothing I am playing!

This is where the anoying part starts!
If I pump the pre-amp up to full and the channel level to full then I get something trough it is only every now and again when u hit something ahrd and it is loud but the sound is all distorted u cant hear it properly!
any ideas??

c ya

Pissed off
c_r_a_z_y
P.s. I know this is a crossed post but is very important I get it solved I have got some work that has got to be completed by the end og the week :(

Back