Big Audio Dynamite Fan

Snowman999

Mick Jones was the musical genius behind the Clash and BAD. BAD fell off the face of the earth, and Carbon/Silicon started in the early/mid 2000s. They're also great. Mick Jones and Tony James of Generation X/Sigue Sigue Sputnick.

It wasn't till recently I found out BAD recorded a final album in 1997 Entering A New Ride, that their record company refused to release. If you liked BAD take a listen to what you missed the past 26 years. This is so damn good.

At the adventure playground that I worked at, circa '88-94, in '91 we had a fundraising gig and because one of my colleagues was a singer on the sly, and her producer was Mick Jones' cousin and she knew him, BAD {actually, I think it was BAD II} agreed to headline.
I have to say, they were a serious draw. The area we were in {Ladbroke Grove} was perceived to be a Black area so most of the acts on that night were local acts and most of them were Black. Between the whole lot of them, they didn't attract a fraction of the crowd that BAD did. Personally, I'd never liked the Clash, but I was surprised at how many people were willing to pay to see BAD. We could have charged them twice or thrice the amount we did. Most punters seemed to think they were getting a bargain. People came from all over the place !
I think Don Letts had left the band by this time and Mick Jones was into playing the prima donna that night.
He didn't endear himself to me, let's put it that way.

At the adventure playground that I worked at, circa '88-94, in '91 we had a fundraising gig and because one of my colleagues was a singer on the sly, and her producer was Mick Jones' cousin and she knew him, BAD {actually, I think it was BAD II} agreed to headline.
I have to say, they were a serious draw. The area we were in {Ladbroke Grove} was perceived to be a Black area so most of the acts on that night were local acts and most of them were Black. Between the whole lot of them, they didn't attract a fraction of the crowd that BAD did. Personally, I'd never liked the Clash, but I was surprised at how many people were willing to pay to see BAD. We could have charged them twice or thrice the amount we did. Most punters seemed to think they were getting a bargain. People came from all over the place !
I think Don Letts had left the band by this time and Mick Jones was into playing the prima donna that night.
He didn't endear himself to me, let's put it that way
Mick was in the crowd at a PIL show. The Clash had been playing Shea Stadium opening for the Who. He was very rock starish, leave me alone. I did say something extremely nasty to him afterward. Sometime in the 2000s I flew to the UK to see Carbon Silicon with Jones and Tony James. He mellowed at this point. Very nice. Just drunk as a skunk.

The famous Bond shows The Clash did, I was up front one night, I was thirsty, and he gave me the soda cup he was drinking from. It was 95% Rum, 5% Coke. It was disgusting. I gave it to the girl behind me, and hands just ripped that cup to shreads.

I love all Mick's work. He's an incredible guitarist/songwriter/singer. He literally shits pop hits. He is an acquired taste. Joe Strummer could play a week at a club in NY and not sell out any night. BAD would play a week, and within a day tickets were impossible to get, except through scalpers. Mick was the musician of The Clash. That's a band that could never have a reunion.

It's incredible. If someone asked in the 70s or 80s, which band do you think will die first? The Ramones wouldn't even be considered. All the original members are dead. Joey died so young.

Back