big auction near cincy...

wow, didnt know they were going under. I recorded there back when I was younger. Lots of real vintage gear, but they didn't have anyone who knew how to use it. I may see what I can grab.

So I looked through the list. Looks someone probably scammed them out of their vintage Neumanns and replaced all of them with MXL mics. Because when I was there about 10 years ago they had about 12-15 really cool vintage mics ( I remember several U87s and 47s) and no MXLs. Also don't see their quirky little console on there anywhere. Too bad. The owners didn't know much about it all, but they were nice older people. Some real history, at least Cincy music history, being lost there.

My parents live in, and I am from, Cincinnati so I'll be watching as well. I might try to win as many of those lots as I can, where you get everything that's on a shelf. Also, 100 reels of 2" tape would be nice.

Nice find, I live about 2 hours East of Cincy, keeping my eye on a few things as well. Hate to see stuff like this though, looks like a lot of good times in that place over the years.

oh man, i wish i wasn't saving to buy a house right now...i would love to have that RCA ribbon

BUT...i guess i better buy a space to record in before i horde any more gear

I did a walk through of everything in the studio this weekend, the RCA ribbon isn't in great shape, it's a good example but not the best. It likely needs a new ribbon and it was not tested. Just in case you do decide to bid.

Back