Beyond sick...instant analog museum...

:eek:

That's insane.

My favorite shot is where you can see through the office door and MORE decks used to decorate the space outside.

Crazy. Kinda cool, but crazy.

-C

I think this is what happens when you have too much money and no wife to blow it all on silly things like food and clothing and crap like that. :D

Cheers! :)

People,... people!!!

I'll remind you that this same gentleman put his entire collection up for auction last year, at some pie-in-the-sky exhorbitant price, and there were no takers! I then went on to comment, that although he puts up the facade of trying to sell his immaculate collection to please his wife, he's priced himself so outside of reality that he'll never sell that load, and therefore gets to keep it "by default". It's simple psychology working on the wife, IMO.

Now, take a close look. When I describe myself as an avid enthusiast of working recorders and (mostly) analog audio engineering, but not a "keep it under glass" -type collector, THIS is the exact example that I contrast myself to, part deux. It was impressive last year as it is this year, but I'll bet dollars to donuts that there will be "0-bids" on this grand collection of stuff. No doubt, it's a great collection, and maybe this person is as much an enthusiast and hands-on oriented collector,... and maybe he just had the extra scratch to buy nice shelving with glass fronts, which I do not, but take it from me,... when I say "keep it under glass collector", this is the EXACT person and collection I'm contrasting myself to. Okay, sorry for being redundant!!!

Eh,... I'm more of a keep it under a plastic trash bag type collector. I simply can't afford all that glasswork! :eek: ;) ;)

I don't begrudge him of his beautiful collection of stuff, but there will simply be no buyers. I don't often take to predicting the future, but I'm pretty assured of saying that at this time, as I said it before. :eek: ;)

Anyway, I spent my last extra $50K about 9 months ago!!! Timing is e'thing!!! :eek: ;)

If I were to buy this massive collection, I could.... dare I say... RULE THE WORLD!!! :eek: :eek: ;)

Attachments

• reel man 1.jpg
    reel man 1.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 208
Aw, fuckit! That guy's got nothing on me!

I bought an entire 2nd house to accommodate my gear collection! Now that's committment!!! :eek: ;)

Yes folks, it's true. But now I have an entire 1500sf house with 7 rooms total to use as studio space! You get what you pay for! :eek: ;)

Anyway,... if my wife told me to sell off all my stuff, I'd tell her to fuck off and get a life! :eek: ;)

Pics of this collection came up on Audiokarma.org a while before it was up on eBay. That is a rediculous collection....I have a long way to go with my current complement of 5 decks....

Tascam 34B with DX-4D
Teac A-3300S-2T 15ips 1/2 track
Teac X-3
Sony TC-755 dual capstan
Akai GX-630D

Looking for a 32B and a Sony TC-766-2 or 788-2

This Guy Rules

I bought my R8 from this Guy on Ebay. I can't say enough good things about this guy!! He is super honest, the machine was in mint shape as described and he kept in contact with me for weeks after the sale, answering my questions in full detail and just simply keeping in touch. Super cool guy. His name is Victor.
A.A.

That is admirable,...

for sure.......... :eek: ;)
Regardless of anything else known or hypothetical, this collection of stuff is awesome and very impressive. It's way over the top, and shows a certain fanaticism about recording, no doubt. :eek: ;)

Let me know if he starts giving donations.

I keep getting shocked by my reel to reel. Im started to get scared of using it ... it has already blown up my little guitar and I have been electrocuted by the damn thing. Stupid consumer "Montclair" reel to reel.

Erockrazor said:
Let me know if he starts giving donations.

I keep getting shocked by my reel to reel. Im started to get scared of using it ... it has already blown up my little guitar and I have been electrocuted by the damn thing. Stupid consumer "Montclair" reel to reel.

I think you mean "Shocked"? Electrocuted means you wouldn't be writing.....anything! :eek: Like to hear more details on how you are getting shocked? Blew up your guitar? :eek:

A Reel Person said:
kinda reel recorder r u using? :eek: :eek: ;)

montclair mono 1/4"
113005053.jpg

proof of electrocution
113005054.jpg

okay I was just exaggerating by the electrocution .. but I have gotten shocked a handful of times. I plugged the output into my little guitar amp and sparks were flying everywhere. I took the plug out quickly ... and my little amp shall never work again. (I meant to say that it blew up my guitar *amp* in the other post)

This reel to reel is out to kill and it is not taking any prisoners. Do not go within 1/4" of it.

Gosh,... Zero Bids!

Who would'a thought??? :eek: :eek: ;)

=========
Nakamichi 1000ZXL, Tandberg TCD-910,TCD-3004,TCD-3014A
Collection of 252 cassette decks and 2,000 cassettes

Starting bid: US $37,500.00
Ended: Apr-22-07 05:11:43 PDT
Shipping costs: FREE
Other (see description)
Service to United States
(more services)
Ships to: Worldwide