Beyer M 808 mics

Anje

Hi,

do you know these old mics ? would they be good for guitar recording ?

here's a couple of pics :

PICT0003.JPG

PICT0007.JPG

There are no pics in your links. M808? Have you searched the Beyer website?
I own an old Beyer M61 and nothing was found anywhere, I didn't get any response on the forums either. It seems there are some 'forgotten about' Beyer mics.

Han. I think there's something wrong with your settings, I can see both pictures perfectly well.

The mics depicted look a little like the Sennheiser MD21. They both have permanently wired in mic cords (probably with Tuchel connectors) and matching mini tripod desk stands.

Ah......yeah, now I get pictures, this afternoon I only got a weird logo, kind of a message.

The mics look like a pair that came with a consumer tape machine in the late fifties/early sixties to me.

thanks for the answers :)

yes sorry there was a little problem this afternoon with the account where the pics are

I've searched all around the web and other forums as well but nobody seems to know much about these...

but I've just had a reply from Gunter of the Beyerdynamic company, I'll send him the pics I hope he will know more about them :)

ok Gunter sent me a great answer, here it is :

"The M 808 Stereo Set consists of two selected microphones either M 80 HN (200 ohms / 80 kohms) or M 80 HL (200 ohms / 65 kohms), what we cannot see on the photos. The only difference is the high impedance, but acoustic performance is the same. Since today microphones are normally connected in low impedance mode, M 80 HN and M 80 HL provide 200 ohms both, and therefore no difference will appear.

Please find attached the data sheets in .pdf format (available in German only). Due to the bass cut-off below 200 Hz and the presence lift from 1.500 Hz to 10.000 Hz, the M 80s are very convenient for recording guitar sound. Of course, the mic cable shall be short, since the microphone will be connected asymmetric only. "

If anyone is interested I can send him the datasheets (with the Frequency Response Curve etc...) so that he can post them here (I don't have access to FTP from my computer)

BTW I think I should give them a try to record guitar (old mics with old amps, should be cool no ? ;) )

M 80

Hello Anje
I own also an M80! do you know the right way to connect it? I mean, is there any adaptor to XLR? Or do you know how to wire? I'm interested on the .pdf from Beyer! It would be great you send it to me.
Regards

Othmar

Hi, I've bought 2 of these mics. There are connected on a Jack and I'd like to rewired them symmetrically. The point is there's four wires in the cable (on for Hi Z probably). Could someone help me on this ?

Thanks

Kenan

Back