Beyer Dynamic m69

fazil

What's the difference between the m69n and the m69tg ?

Only difference that I seem to find is that the TG has less handling noise ...
Is this the ONLY difference ??

I can get both at a local second hand shop but the difference in price is significant.
The m69N costs $30, the ...TG costs $125

Is this N version underpriced or are there any other differences ?

Thanks !
-Arno

They should - if they're both in good shape - sound pretty much the same. The TG ("Tour Group") line has better internal shock mounting, hence less handling noise.

Thanks!

Well i bought the N version and it sounds pretty cool on guitar cabs !

Not too bad for $30

That's a really great price for that mic! The TG price is closer to what you typically see them go for used. I have a couple of them and they are very nice general purpose live mics.

As I said really great price. :eek: The closest I got was $60 each -- and I bought 3 of them since I thought that was a great price (still is). But you got that beat in spades.

You mean one of these...

88_1.JPG

Right!? :confused:

I'm surprised more people don't talk about the m69's - I LOVE it on clean-ish guitar cabs. Great mic, if for no other reason than that.

mjau said:
I'm surprised more people don't talk about the m69's - I LOVE it on clean-ish guitar cabs. Great mic, if for no other reason than that.

Mostly, I think, because people are more infatuated by the M88. Which, as someone else has mentioned, is kind of like an m69 on steroids. Great proximity effect if, like me, you have a thin voice.

69 Hats!!!

The 69 sounds great used as a hi hat mic... It rounds out the top end very nice! It is my go-to mic for the hats... Also, love it on the guitar cab (vox)....

Back