Beyer DT 770 HEADPHONES - best isolated Headphones ever?

Well, that just goes to show that not all heads are created equal. Like motorcycle helmets, those that fit one person don't necessarily fit another. If I had to spend a few hours in the Beyers, I'd tell you anything you want to know after the first hour. What's more interesting is the fact that I find the bass in the Beyers weak compared to HD280's. Mics and shoes don't fit everybody. One more reason to have some different cans in the studio.-Richie

I've been a bit disappointed with my 770's. Weak in the bass and not terribly detailed, just generally wimpy for me. I can hear better on my cheapo Senn HD 212Pro's, but I bet it's just got a lot to do with the shape of my head....

Perhaps! I like the carpetty feel of the 770s ... often go down to play on the V-Drums in my local store and enjoy using them then, but wouldn't probably choose them over what I have now.

Yep - a bunch of different cans & monitors for sure - they all hype something a little differently. The 280's sound interesting though maybe Santa will have a set fall off the sleigh :D

Message for kylen: "Ho Ho Ho! Only if you arrange a deal with one of my little helpers!"

Just arrived by carrier reindeer.

haha,
yeah, xmass is coming closer and closer,
..dear santa,,,,i want a 5 or 6 channel headphone amp
plus one extra set of HP's....i'd like to go for a 770 this time,
i don't like buying tons of the same HP's,,,, like you guys say,
everyone has a different head,,,AND different ears of course,,,,
the worst HP's i got are phillips, kenwood, sony, followed by some cheap sennheisers, the ones i like are Fostex, sennheiser hd 280, and mhhhh,
i want a beyer now to see how different they sound and feel like

and some more extension cords.....And money please, lots of !

noisedude said:
Message for kylen: "Ho Ho Ho! Only if you arrange a deal with one of my little helpers!"

Just arrived by carrier reindeer.
Now that's getting me into the spirit :D

oh,
i did work with some earplugs, that really go Inside your ear,
not like all the "normal" earplugs you get when you buy a walkman...
but their quality wasn't great, isolation is neat of course...
but i prefer the BIG CANS...
and ehm, aren't they real expensive, the Shure earplugs?

I have a pair of the E2Cs, they're amazing isolation and pretty good sound-wise too. I found myself using a quarter of the headphone signal which also has the double effect of reducing spill - both better isolation and less sound to start with!

To be really safe, on one really quiet acoustic track I used the Shures with my HD280s over the top, not connected but just to cut the last little bit out.

a pair of the E2Cs, ?
thats the Shure earplugs ?

hehe, thats some kind of technique i used too,
i got some earplugs, but not as good as the shure ones,
plugged them in my ear, and then i wore this kind of "protection headphones" that people wear wwhen they're working with LOUD MACHINES ;;; it are no HP's ...more like....earcups that isolate pretty well

result is nice, but i really prefer normal headphoens...

Yeah they're not the most comfortable. They're not at all expensive though either, mine were brand new off ebay for about £35-40 ...

Back