Beutiful People

joro

The Pie Guy
I haven't recorded any of my music in a long time....and this is the first one with my new Breedlove....

it aint' much either.....but, it's what I got these days....

Breedlove is through a Shure KSM9 into a Mackie Pre into a Delta 10/10 with a Lucid superclock slave into Audition 3

The bass is direct into the Mackie and I added a Big Hall Verb....sort of gave it a French Horn kind of tone....I thought it was pretty cool too....

anyways....here it is...

shit...I spelled the title wrong...........it's supposed to be "Beautiful People"..............shit.......

Attachments

• Beautiful People no vox_192.mp3
    4.8 MB · Views: 82
Last edited:
This sounds really nice. But if it were me i would boost some high mids, and highs in the bass. I know you said you were going for a french horn type of sound, but it just seems a bit too muffled compared to the crystal clear hi fi guitar. Cool little peice.

Thanks for checking it out man....I re-mixed with your suggested curve and this is what I got......

The bass is clearer now....so much so that I can hear the sloppiness of my playing in finger noise....

Thanks again man.

Attachments

• Beautiful People no vox 2_192.mp3
    4.8 MB · Views: 25
yeah, the second mix is like you've just opened the curtains on the first. Much more clarity.

It still sounds, as a whole, just slightly lo-fi I think (but I suffer from that malaise too, so I'm hardly qualified to comment on that!). Then again, you're going to add vocals, right? So you'll probably have to tweak the mix a little then anyway.

well I would say the guitar is High Fi and that the bass is lo fi......
The lyrics currently are written as a male and female duet and our trio just split so I don't think I'll be adding vox anytime soon....such is life....ya know?

Thanks for checking it out man....

Very nice acoustic sound!
Mix sounds pretty good to me, I'd love to hear it with vocals.

I don't hear or see any clipping....I did apply a -.04 limit before dithering....
Thanks for checking it out man.

I listened to both mixes and I liked #2 much better. More brilliance to the guitar tone. Playing was beautiful.

You're definitely clipping though. Juddly pointed out a couple spots and there are quite a few more. It happens just about every time that slide guitar part comes in. There are even a few clips where it's not playing.

Thanks for checking it out fellas.....I have to disagree with you on the clipping...I listened and looked in detail to the solo guitar track and it isn't actually clipping.....what it is, is poor guitar technique......it's string buzz.....it's me....only way to fix it is to re-record.....at least punch ins....I hate doing it that way though...I would much rather do a full take....and if I do a full take...I might need to retrack the bass.......

shit................

Nothing low fidelity about it. I can hear the buzz but it is "accepted" as part of the instrument along with string/finger squeaks.
The bass is cool BUT it does get a little boomy in spots due to the 'verb.
I get the cor' anglais reference - it might have been worth pushing that direction a little more in a brief section of the track.
get the vox done please.

Thanks for checking it out fellas.....

I am besides myself after realizing the Juddly and MMM are correct..........

so I re-mixed....fortunately there was no clipping during tracking....

I spent about two hours tweaking this so I hope it's better....
Thanks again fellas........

Attachments

• Beautiful People no vox 3_192.mp3
    4.8 MB · Views: 10
Sounds more nicer. I can hear the fret buzz now. :) The "main" guitar (not the slidey one) sounds nice and full. The slide is nice, but the finger picked one is really pretty.

Back