best way to record guitar cheap

hermanmern

Hello,
i cant afford to buy amp, mic, and all the things u need to buy to record a good sounding rock guitar. is GUITAR RIG from ikmultimedia is a good option?

Or do u have other way to record cheap but good quality sound?

anybody dont have miced up guitar but able to record superb sound/quality? please share...

thanks ;)

I used one of those Apogee One interfaces a few times. I think it was about $100. You can pick it up for cheap at a used music store. I thought it worked great for some simple stuff. Loaded up into Logic or GarageBand is awesome, because of the amp modeling.

Those POD Line6 setups can be had for cheap and usually have a USB connection. Line6 has some real good amp modeling, too. I had an RP(?)350 for awhile, worked pretty good.

So did u just plug your guitar to the interface or do you used any DI or any other method to make the sound beter?

Anybody have other tips or tricks on recording guitar via guitar simulator?

Those single input interfaces like that Apogee are pretty much setup for just plugging your guitar straight in. Since you'd be using amp modeling, your computer becomes your amp and mic setup. Anything of the guitar effects processors with a USB connection are the same way.

Hello,
i cant afford to buy amp, mic, and all the things u need to buy to record a good sounding rock guitar. is GUITAR RIG from ikmultimedia is a good option?

Or do u have other way to record cheap but good quality sound?

anybody dont have miced up guitar but able to record superb sound/quality? please share...

thanks ;)

You can get a real cheap Behringer clone guitar usb interface on ebay - depending on your location of course.

Most software co's have a cripped demo or even free limited version of their guitar simulators.

Of all the free VST's, Shred is up there. http://www.acmebargig.com/product/shred/

Does the type /brand of guitar makes any different? or any guitar will do coz the amp simulator will change the sound eventually?

Poo in will get poo out.
If you tone heaven is like the sims in the Utub clip above it won't matter though.

Back