Best way to get that Dumble sound

Step one, win the lottery. That's the only way you can afford step two, which of is, find someone who has a Dumble they want to sell.

That's about it, I'm afraid. But you could probably find someone who would rent you one for a session or two.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

Did someone say D*mble?

If you are really interested in the big "D" sound, you can buy my modified Fender Bandmaster that has that sound in spades, and it won't cost you $10K
If you want the built in D*mbell-eater F/X loop it will cost an extra $250. It looks like an old used Blackface Bandmaster (a real sleeper), but it has all new elctronics, new trannies a special design output transformer for a robust tone, and all the switches: brite, mid, deep, Jazz/Rock and preamp boost. As of now it is set up for an outboard F/X loop, though it has an extra tube socket for either a reverb or F/X loop. Its 50 watts. It is based on an actual mid to early 80's D*mble Ala, Robben Ford and some Randy California of that time. The clean is very Blackface of the richest kind, the overdrive is very D*mbe-lish, but more refined with some other great amp inspirations.
It has room for 2 more power tubes (has factory plates covering extra 2 holes), for a total of 4 tubes in the power amp. The power amp can be set up for 4 6V6's if that is what one wants. This amp has turned many heads when giging with this amp. If I decide not to sell it, I may make a combo cabinet for it. I also have the 2-212 speaker cab. If anyone is interetsed you can email me at goforthsound@yahoo.com This amp sounds so good and has such a reputation, that I cannot list it on ebay without Mr. D*mble sending me nasty emails about it. I think that imitating something very well is the best form of flatery, but Mr. D*mbel does not seem to think so, then again, its not all about being a D*mbel, its about getting the nuances from your fingers to the ears.

Last edited:
edge59 said:
If you are really interested in the big "D" sound, you can buy my modified Fender Bandmaster that has that sound in spades, and it won't cost you $10K
If you want the built in D*mbell-eater F/X loop it will cost an extra $250. It looks like an old used Blackface Bandmaster (a real sleeper), but it has all new elctronics, new trannies a special design output transformer for a robust tone, and all the switches: brite, mid, deep, Jazz/Rock and preamp boost. As of now it is set up for an outboard F/X loop, though it has an extra tube socket for either a reverb or F/X loop. Its 50 watts. It is based on an actual mid to early 80's D*mble Ala, Robben Ford and some Randy California of that time. The clean is very Blackface of the richest kind, the overdrive is very D*mbe-lish, but more refined with some other great amp inspirations.
It has room for 2 more power tubes (has factory plates covering extra 2 holes), for a total of 4 tubes in the power amp. The power amp can be set up for 4 6V6's if that is what one wants. This amp has turned many heads when giging with this amp. If I decide not to sell it, I may make a combo cabinet for it. I also have the 2-212 speaker cab. If anyone is interetsed you can email me at goforthsound@yahoo.com This amp sounds so good and has such a reputation, that I cannot list it on ebay without Mr. D*mble sending me nasty emails about it. I think that imitating something very well is the best form of flatery, but Mr. D*mbel does not seem to think so, then again, its not all about being like a D*mbell, its about getting the nuances from your fingers to the ears that inspires the creative senses.

In a pedal you could look at the Menatone "Howie" If you want to really get close there are a number of amp manufacturers that are going for that vibe such as:
Two Rock - http://www.two-rock.com/
Skyrdstrup - http://www.skrydstrup.com/home.htm

My personal favorite, is Fuchs Audio Technology. I own two 50 watt heads and 1x12 cabinets as well as a modded DRRI. These amps SING! :D

http://www.fuchsaudiotechnology.com/

Good luck in the search, and let us know how you do!

where the fuck did you come from, go away

:eek: Whats this all about? Did someone get their feelings hurt? Did we miss something? I understand Mr. Dumble is a sensitive guy, but whats this about? This thread was on amps, nothing to piss one offf! :o

Nice to hear from the Gunn. I would love a Dumble, steel string singer. Yes, that is correct sir. I have not had the opportunity to hear a Fuchs but their pr is good. Don't they have a model that is based upon the Dumble sound? Note, sound! Haven't seen the schematic. Schematic anyone?? Beuller??

Back