Best way to get Cakewalks attention?

Jim Y said:
Off topic - Cakewalk HomeStudio. I know a lot of people with hardware recorders (eg Roland VS series) who only require pc midi sequencing. However, entry level sequencers like HS don't allow slave sync to midi clock, forcing them to look to high end products like Sonar, Cubase SL etc. But, they don't want or require the Audio features of Sonar - they just want a midi sequencer that will sync to their recorders, probably running on a low end laptop PC. So please consider adding external midi clock to HS, or even a midi only product that would be suitable - there is a market.

I got it ! James must be talking about Cakewalk older version before they went audio. Space shuttle 3 ? Is this some special code for naming Cakewalk Pro 3 (MIDI only) ? If yes, then yes, Cakewalk made this so good for MIDI only. I don't see it available on the market anymore. But sure, they made it once. :)

Robertyu said:
I'm not sure about the midi driver sharing issue, because it has not seemed an issue on my setup.

While I have Sonar 2.2 project loaded up, I can launch my Roland XV5050 editor, and do whatever I want.

If the midi drivers can't be shared, then how am I getting away with that?

Would the Hubies Loopback perform this task for you.

I remember back in like ver. 4 when they incorporated audio and I had a Midi box that used to stripe smpte,, I had to use this loopback thing to share the midi ports,, maybe not drivers though not sure. Just a lil imput.

Malcolm

Robertyu said:
If the midi drivers can't be shared, then how am I getting away with that?
You don't, basically...

And by the way, Hubi's MIDI Loopback doesen't work with Windows 2000 or XP.

This has got me facinated RobertYu. Is your Roland XV5050 using midi or an alternative (USB?) connection? I saw an article somewhere re Sonar 2 and midi control surfaces and it hinted that in this case sharing must have been going on. Pity I can't remember where. I have asked Cakewalk if Sonar2 will share (twice now) and they say no. 'Cause if it did, I will upgrade.
Jim

Back