• Boss Modeling Wah

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Any Morely Wah?

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Other

Votes: 19 57.6%

• Total voters

blackmusic

hey.... I'm stuck between getting a wah pedal. Theres a few at my disposal... I guess I'll put up a pole. Please comment on the ones you think are quality

I like the Snarling Dogs Super Bawl Whine-O Wah. It gives you a lot of variability in your wah sound, although I usually stick with one (I do like the fact that they put a "Shaft" setting on it). Unfortunately I have for some time had trouble with the switch (and/or possibly the pot) on mine; I've been living with it for the time being, but I really need to fix it or have it fixed.

the reason i didn't put the original cry baby on the poll was because I had an original cry baby, and i broke within the first year i had it. It's tone sounded anemic to me as well.

I had (have, but it's pretty beat up) a King Vox-Wah I bought in 1972 or so. It had some physical problems - bad jacks or something-- but it sounded just wonderful. Last year I bought a boutique wah that's voiced pretty much just like it, a Budda Bud-Wah. It sounds fabulous.

All I need is my Original Dunlop gas pedal. The only trouble I ever had with it was the squeeky hinges, which was fixed with a few drops of oil. It's the only pedal I never regretted buying.

I've got a big 'ol chrome Morley Power-Wah-Fuzz. The wah is different than a Crybaby or a Vox. When the pedal is back it almost shuts off. It takes some getting used to because of the wide range. You can get some almost "talk-box" like sounds out of it. It functions as a volume when the wah is off. It has the worst fuzz I've ever heard so I don't use that. The only bummer is the switch is next to the pedal so you can't kick it on/off like a Crybaby/Vox.

I'll second that, Musicsdarkangel!

Vox. rules them all. Cry Baby's are far too harsh. Vox excells at clean sounds!

I really like my Morley wah/volume, but like M.Brane said, it takes some getting used to. If you get a little bit too excited with your heel, it practically cuts the wah out altogether. Even so, I really like its sound.

I forgot to mention that the wah on my Digitech RP-3 stomper is pretty decent as well. Although it's not a true wah, the wah settings are pretty flexible and sound pretty decent.

Id say the deluxe version of the real mc coy is great

followed by an older type clyde

then alate 60,s vox

What i have is a roland double beat ad 50 wasnt a bad score for 20 dollars its a fuzz wah pedal its pretty useable

gee its hard not to include the jim dunlop, if you could get nothing else the dunlop will always do what it should.

I was playing a Vox wah and some prick who worked at the local snob guitar store commented on how my wah sounded like a wah was supposed to sound and whatever he was playing did not. ymmv.

Back