Best Sub $300 PCIe or 1394a ASIO Interface to buy? Large Samples

crewxp

Hey guys.

Can someone recommend me either a PCIe or 1394a ASIO-Capable Card? I have the Toneport UX2 right now and there is about a fourth of a second latency that has just gotten me tired of it, even at it's fastest settings. It also freezes a lot, making me restart my pc just to use it again.

A lot of the reviews I found for ASIO cards are from 2006-2007, so I was wondering if anyone had any updated cards that had ASIO and were PCIe or 1394a. My max to spend would be about 300, but preferably around 200.

I'm using it for Cubase 64-bit and have LARGE vst samples (Orchestra stuff). I usually use about 8GB-10GB of ram when I'm composing things.

I have been looking at the EMU 1212m (Link Here) and RME HDSPe PCIe Generic (Link Here), but the 1212m card is OLD and the RME is the most basic of all the RME cards and has only one input on the back. Has there been any progress in the last few years on sound interfaces?

I just purchased a Creative X-Fi Titanium HD Sound Card to try it out (Advertised as 1ms latency), it has ASIO Capabilities, but it pops when I play anything below 6ms, and frankly... Creative aren't the best of help on their forums or support. I thought I could upgrade my PC's sound and recording capabilities in one go, but it isn't as good as I hoped. The quality DOES sound better 'strangely...' compared to My UX2, but the card doesn't have surround sound (like my previous x-fi did), so I felt like I wasted my money. I'm thinking about returning it. It had optical in, so I had wanted to input my xbox's audio to my pc so I wouldn't have to switch between xbox, pc, and recording audio. But sadly, the bugs in their drivers do not allow me to use my optical in.

Back