Best stand alone CD recorder to mixdown to?

Lomo

What would be the best stand alone CD recorder to mixdown to? You know, one with good A/D converters.

Alesis Masterlinks ML9600's are coming down in price alot these days. very nice gadgets to mix down to and you can store loads of songs on there and burn them off whenever you like. Also you can apply some mastering effects to your mixes such as Normalising/compressing/limiting/EQ.

Great stuff!

The Masterlink is great. If I remember right, it doesn't do realtime though. It buffers to a hard drive first, and then you have to make the CD. Someone stop me if I am wrong though:)

If you need realtime operations, I have a Fostex that has performed very well for me. It is over 5 years old and has been in a FOH rack bouncing around everywhere for quite some time now. I also have a Tascam that has been racked for about two years being loaded in and out of shows as well. HHB and Sony also make some pretty reliable realtime CD burners.

If this is going to be for the studio though, I would reccomend the Alesis for its extended capabilities.

Back