Best stacked humbucker??

King Elvis

I want to replace my bridge pickup on a strat copy that I have to a stacked humbucker. What is the best one to go with in your opinion??

I'm in the same situation except I can't decide between the stacked humbuckers or the side by side (rail?) singlecoil pickups. Anyone else have an opinion on this?

hot rails....

for my vote anyhoo,the rails keep up through string bends ...my only regret is that i got white and now i wish i woulda got black as a contrasting color for my white pickguard ....i know you didn't ask but if you want it too be an awesome in tune strat ,get th Fender locking tuners and an Fender LSR roller nut ,have it set up good and it'll stay in tune and you can whammy with the best ... peace out

tom18222 said:
Seymour Duncan Invader, nice and dirty, and it has noise cancellation and stuff.

I think this guy wants a humbucker that fits in a single coil slot. The invader is not that.

Although, the invader is one of my favorite pickups! It's the hottest pickup i've ever heard.

I've been looking at Dimarzio stuff also. Too bad their site barely has any sound files as opposed to Seymour duncan's has almost every pickup with a sound for every position, clean or overdriven.

Right now I am in a tossup between the Seymour Hot Rails or the Dimarzio Chopper. I dont favor one brand over the other as I have one axe with a Dimarzio super distortion that I like and I have a Tele with an SD Quarter Pound single coil that is cool as well. I want a stacked humbucker to cut back on the hum. I am in a situation where I play at church and the band is off the main platform and we watch the praise leader via a video monitor. I usually am standing in the vacinity of the monitor and when I use an axe with single coils I pick up the hum. This particular guitar has a Blue Lace Sensor in the bridge position with doesnt really hum but the pup has no personality. It doesnt scream, it doesnt twang...it just kinda sits there.

If you want twang and scream, then you want a Joe Barden. It is a side by side humbucker with blades instead of stacked, but they fit in a standard slot. They are some of my favorite pickups for Strats and Teles. They maintain that sound, but they don't hum, and they are hot as hell. Great pickups. That being said, both Dimarzio and Seymour Duncan make great pickups.

http://www.lmii.com/CartTwo/thirdpr...s+&+Pickups&NameProdHeader=Joe+Barden+Pickups

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

I've been looking into this lately myself, and I've decided to go with DiMarzios in my HSS Strat. I'm going to put either a PAF Pro or Fred in the bridge, a Cruiser in the mid, and a FastTrack 1 in the neck.
I have heard a lot of good things about the Joe Bardens, but they're too expensive. I've also heard the Bill Lawrences are good, but to be honest there's just something about their business that turns me off. I love buying from the small guy... I've got a Teese wah, Analogman pedals, etc, but it's almost like they're too mom and pop. Sounds stupid, I know..... but that's just how I perceive them.

Plus, I would never buy pickups that I couldn't exchange once I've heard them in my axe. That's why I stick with the major brands when it comes to pups.

got mojo?
www.voodoovibe.com

I wish I had a sound file of what the Chopper sounds like in the bridge overdriven and what the Cruiser sounds like in the neck with a clean sound. Thats what I was originally going to do until the guy at my local music shop recomended a Seymour Duncan Little '59 for the bridge and Duckbuckers for the neck.

I have a couple of Strats that have PAF pro's in the bridge and the fast track 1 in the neck and I love the sound. I also have a Jackson and ESP with Duncan JB's in the bridge and Hot rails in the neck, also sound great the JB’s a little dirtier then the PAF pro's. And I remove the middle pick up on all my guitars.

Well that's encouraging for me. Tell me... does the Fast Track 1 balance well w/ the PAF Pro in terms of output, or is there the typical massive hot bridge output, and then much quiter when switching ot the neck?

got mojo?
www.voodoovibe.com

Back