Best software

what are those restricting you in?

are you going to produce your own backing? beats?

whats your budget?

are you using a controller?

its all about what your most comfortable with using. I prefer using FL Studio 9 but theres really no "best" software because if you don't know what your doing when it comes to mixing your track will sound terrible in any program. I've tried Reason and Cubase as well but I dont like how you cant use VST's in Reason (Maybe they changed that by now but im not sure), and Cubase seemed complicated. I'd say try and download a few demos of different software and see which one works best for you.

What I use is FL studio to produce songs. People say the sound sucks, but if you find some good plugins, like nexus, Fl Studio can be really fun and enjoyable to use., It gets the job done, and it sounds good as well.

In case you're a mac user. I recently upgraded to Logic pro (Which dropped in price from $499 to $199).
Best move I've ever made!!

Easy interface, In contrast to when I tried to learn pro tools (on my own)
And there's tons of helpful effects tutorials on youtube.

I've been running tracks with a bunch of effects on a small 2.16 cpu too. Haven't really encountered any issues yet :)

Fl Studio, ableton, Logic, Reason, Cubase and other software....They ended up with the same features.
We Have different choices, so just choose something you are most comfortable and productive with.
Consider your workflow. ....

Back