Best Reverb Stompbox for the money?

dmc777

Anyone got any opinons or experiences with reverb stompboxes? I've never had one and looking to purchase one. Thanks in advance.

I just bought a boss rv-5. It's pretty good for a digital effect. I use the hall and modulation selections. Very usable for a light reverb or space cadet gorge. I bought it for the space cadet gorge. Without spending hundreds on one of those tube units its pretty good. For light reverb I use the reverb on the marshall JCM2000, whick is pretty good. Marshall does pretty good in that area.

I like my Holy Grail Plus. It's got spring, hall, & room. I bought it cause my Blues Jr.'s 'verb is broken. (I'd heard the Blues Jr. verb kinda sucked anyway, so I was happy to get a decent pedal instead.)

I've an RV-5 and I like it. I wish I'd tried the holy grail though. If it was someone elses money I'd have both.

RV-5's are surprisingly good for the money, but if you can spare the extra change you can't go passed the Holy Grail, for the money it sounds phenomenal. It has one of the smoothest decays i've heard in a stomp.

I've only heard the Verbzilla briefly but I wasn't impressed at all. Try it out but you'll notice it doesn't have the warmth that the grail does, if I had a choice between the Verbzilla and the RV-5, i'd pick the RV-5 without hesitating.

Thanks for the responses. Yes the Holy Grail does some to be the best for the money and for quality of verb but I'm looking for something more versatile. Listen to alot of Pink Floyd....and am also wanting something that can get a little atmospheric. Can the holy grail do this?

Back