Best ref monitors, $300 give or take

Rhino_Rick

This will probably spring a debate, but what are the best studio reference monitors I can pick up within the $300 (give or take a few dollars) range?

I'm buying next week and your vote will settle it.

I've got a small home studio, using an Aardvark Q10 and Cubase VST.

Thanks guys.
-Rick

well, at that price the only active monitors I can think of are Delta Studiophiles that just came out and i couldnt even guess if they are worth anything as i havent heard them......

you could probably get a pair of Tannoy ProtoJ's and a small Samson Servo amp for between $300 and $350 total.......

studiophile

At midiman.com, I am finding the Studiophiles for $400, but it appears that this is each, not per pair. Gidge, what are you seeing that leads you to believe that this is per pair instead of $400 each?

It's per pair. Just go to any website that sells them and it'll tell you so. Plus, they'll be about a hundred bucks cheaper.

lucid,
this doesnt have to be an expensive hobby...lots of people monitor on regular home stereos and thats perfectly acceptable.....just some people take it to the next level......

drstawl said:
Some people never want to go past recording farts- they just get better ventilation in the studio.... :)

Oh, No! I can see another "Which microphone is best" Thread.

....Well, I like the ATM Ass Whacker as it produces a good low end rumble. New meaning to mic'ing the "Sound Hole"...
Sorry,

Fangar

Back