Best place to put this I guess...Behringer B2031P

SRR

Behringer B2031P (passives 8 3/4" driver), how do they sound at say 9feet and 6feet back from them, no jokes please. Just the honest truths :eek:, pardon the pun. Bass heavy, treble heavy, smooth, bumpy, give it to me straight :rolleyes:....ok a couple of jokes are allowed...

you mean placing them on approx a 6' per-leg triangle? (spreading them 9' apart is probably not a good idea) are they baffle mounted or free standing? is the room full treated or not? what type of equipment is feeding the signal to the speakers?

a few of studios i've designed over the past 3 years used them in both baffle mounted and freestanding configurations. the owners were happy with them but would upgrade to Genelec or better. my designs always include the option to use larger/better monitors when the time comes. either way, the room plays a significant role in the monitoring chain, as well as the equipment. close proximity to (or in) walls will result in a bass bump that needs to be corrected. stands behind the desk are necessary rather than putting them on the desk - avoid significant reflections off the desk into your ears.

Back