Best motherboard for a 1.4Ghz AMD CPU?

glamslam

Hi all
I'm basing my new DAW around an AMD Athlon 1.4 Ghz. I need to know which motherboard will suit it best. The ASUS A7A266 has been recommended to me but the catch is I already have an M Audio audiophile that is rumoured to have problems with ALi chipsets? Any ideas? A motherboard that will support 1.4Ghz of processing power and with a chipset that an audiophile soundcard will like...

Ask the people at M-Audio but I would go with an A7M266 which uses the AMD761 chipset.
Or you could wait a few month for the nForce chipsets, that's what I'm doing...:D

M-Audio's support guys are really good about getting back to you if you email them with a question. I wrote them, told them what I planned on getting (A7M266) and they wrote me back and said "go for it" and also answered more specific questions I had.

Thanks very much...I'm gonna write them now. I think I'm coming closer to a decisioin re mobo. The Abit KT7A looks great because it supports SDRAM and I can use a 1.4Ghz AMD processor with it. Has anyone ever managed to blow it up?

I originally wanted the a7m266 but you can't use SDRAM with it and I'm trying to stick to the setup shown in "Roll your own thunderbird"

is there a reason that they recommend you stick with SDRAM? DDR is much faster and has not been found to be unstable or anything... also just as cheap as SDRAM right now...

Back