best monitors

xrap03

what's up? i have around 500 dollars and i want to buy some recording monitors. and i was wondering, what's the best bang for the buck monitor. i was thinking about m-audio bx8a or some event but i also wanted to know what size i should get. my studio is kind small. 10x11 and its treated with 96sq ft of 2in wedge studio foam. i know that bigger the woofer low the bass but what do you think? i record alot of types of music- from rap to acostic. so what do you think? any help will be great. thanks

From my limited knowledge, I have bought several monitor systems in the past but just bought some Tannoy Reveals (the passive Red ones) and I am using a 65 Watt Ashley SA120 amp, they they are absolutely AMAZING together!

You can grab both units on ebay for probably UNDER your $500.00 mark and I would put them up against any other monitor set up for a home studio (and many commercial studios for that matter).

We recorded a band again tonight and again were just blown away by their quality and response.

Just a suggestion.

Peace!
AJ :cool:

I never worked with the "active" Tannoy Reveals, but I wouldnt be afraid to buy them. When I buy another set for here at the house, they might be the active ones. And there solves you needing to get an amp then also.

Peace
AJ :cool:

Back