Best Mixer for the $$$

Blackdog.sn

Hey,

I'm in the market for a mixer, and i have pretty much decided on the Yamaha MG 12/4, but i was wondering what other options i have that would match (or best) the quality of the 12/4 in the same price range. I've noticed Euroracks are really cheap with FX and stuff, but i know anything about the quality of the pre's or noise or whatever.....sooooo

what do you guys think?

I'm not sure what the price point is on the Yamaha but the Soundcraft M12 is very nice and can be had used for around $500. That's a steal for 12 decent mic pres, some good EQ, direct outs and inserts on every channel, 4 auxillary busses and 4 stereo channels.

I've seen thew M8 go u sed for like 300. Was fixing on getting one, but now I'm leaning back toward a racked pair of dmp3's for some pre's. I keep going back and forth, but I think I'm gonna stick with the dmp3's this time.

What interface do you have, Matta? If you have like 8 i/os then getting a mixer allows you to do some real life actual mixing!

would that Yamaha MG 12/4 be able to output to all 4 tracks of my Reel at once?

Btw the M8 looks awesome, but for now its a bit too expensive

As I am in the market for a economically friendly mixer as well, I figured Id just post here..

How does the Yamaha stand up against a small Mackie mixer for the ideal recording situation?

The pres on the Mackie's have a bit more headroom than the Yamaha's. Both are nice budget boards though.

Back